Skip to main content
Evolutions of AI

The latest news from OpenAI and Google I/O: multimodal capabilities and the evolution of AI

The latest news from OpenAI and Google I/O: multimodal capabilities and the evolution of AI

Recently, two important events have stirred up the world of AI: Google I/O and OpenAI's Spring Update. Let's take a look at the key points from each of these events.

Google had already launched Gemini 1.5 Pro with multimodal capabilities, but they had not yet been made available to everyone. Now, in OpenAI's Spring Update, they took the lead by releasing GPT-4o (the Omni version) with multimodal capabilities, surpassing Google in terms of model release.

The launch of GPT-4o brought a slight increase in benchmark rankings, but it was enough to put OpenAI back in the lead as the most capable available model. Additionally, initial tests showed lower latency and lower cost compared to GPT-4 Turbo. The multimodal capacity of GPT-4o is truly impressive, allowing for more immersive interactions with the model and access to grounding with databases and API functions.

At Google I/O, several product demonstrations were made showcasing AI with multimodal capabilities. As for the models, the highlight was the release of Gemini 1.5 Flash, a smaller yet capable model that joined Meta's Llama-7b. Furthermore, Gemini 1.5 Pro now has a context window of up to 2M tokens, which is a significant development.

Both companies are making increasingly advanced resources available to everyone, which is great for AI enthusiasts and professionals in all fields. Previously, these technologies were limited to research centers and innovative companies. Now, everyone has the opportunity to benefit from these advancements and explore the potential of AI in their careers and specialties. It is an exciting time for AI, and we look forward to seeing how these technologies will continue to evolve.

Stay tuned to our articles and posts to stay updated on the latest developments in AI and how they can impact your field. We are excited about the future and eager to explore the further benefits and possibilities it offers.

If you have any questions or specific topics you would like to see covered, please leave your suggestions in the comments. We are here to share more knowledge and help you make the most of the opportunities provided by AI.

Nenhum comentário

Nenhum comentário

Comente